Thursday, April 10, 2008

No Slip Grip

I've been doing some experimenting with different "no slip grip" methods for my items that come on an alligator clip. I have tried several different things and came up with 2 that seem to work the best. So here is at I have to offer :)

1. A line of silicone. Although this one is the most labor intensive and time consuming, it is by far my favorite. It stays put! It would be the best option for all hair types. Even fine hair! (don't be fooled, I've seen some lined with some hot glue, I tried it, it doesn't work well!!)



2. If the hair is super thin as well as fine, and you'd prefer a thicker no slip grip, I can apply a foam rubber strip. It acts more as a "filler" for that thin barely there hair.

Most of my items with an alligator clip will come standard with a silicone no slip grip. I can always add the foam rubber liner if you prefer that option instead! Or if you prefer none at all, I can do that most of the time too! Please read each listing to see what is offered for that item. If you have any questions or aren't sure what you need, please always feel free to contact me!

2 comments:

AdornmentsbyMilani.com said...

Hi PunkyNMunky, thanks for taking the time to comment on my etsy thread http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5557172&page=7.
I'd love to see more purple in your store:) Take care.

Anonymous said...

Great blog post! I have never used no slip, but Judy is sending me something cool she found in the mail to try. I see it is a hot commogity so I think I am going to start using it! BTW... I have the hardest time coming up with stuff to write, you blog is so cool!